Date pending (July? 08)
Swiftwater Captains Dave Mc Cracken and Mike Roth were setting up for training at Lotus Park when a flag down resulted in a live rescue of a juvenile male, trapped by rising waters.
This is a venue for El Dorado SAR members to provide fill-in information and first-hand accounts of specific previous searches. After SAR302 posts the first item about a recent search, any SAR member is invited to add their comments/observations/feelings/experience as it relates to said search. The postings are then edited and posted to the ESARC website (edsar.org) for public viewing.
1 comment:
It was July 13, 2008 our teams scheduled training. Our training was to be held at Lotus Park in Lotus a popular rafting destination. Dave and I showed up about 30 min early to set up our training for the day. Dave decided to walk down to an area right outside of the park where the water gets a little rougher. He came back to grab his gear because there was a young male in the water fishing and the water was coming up fast. As I watched Dave get his gear the mother of the boy came running back to the vehicles screaming that my partner needed help. So I grabbed my gear, radio, and the river patrol guy that happened to be in the park as well. We tried to throw bag the boy with out success. Dave and I then finalized our suiting up and did our safety check. We swam out to the boy with a life jacket for him. While we were doing this the fire dept and Sgt Morton and his team were rolling code 3 to our assistance. We got to the boy put the PFD on him and Dave swam him out while I swam out his new fishing pole that he had gotten that morning for his birthday. Once we got out to the main road the SO and Fire was standing by to check the boy out. All in all the family learned and very important lesson and Dave and I had our teams’ first live rescue. This was an amazing incident and an eye opener for our team.
Post a Comment